This is both the charity, as in the organisation, as well as the set of ideas, principles, structure and standards which forms the non-formal education framework that the charity delivers and is of public benefit.
The full form should always be used to introduce the charity and the Award either internationally or nationally (see below dotted line for national examples); the shortened form can be used thereafter.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s (International) Award [The DofE]
- The International Award for Young People [IAYP]
- The President’s Award (Scheme) [PAS]
- The National Youth Achievement Award [NYAA]