2020 saw the world change in new and profound ways. Virtually every country and person has been affected in some way by the global health crisis. However, in the face of adversity young people have risen to these new challenges in clever and imaginative ways.
Award Leaders, like yourself, have been supporting participants throughout lockdown and beyond to ensure they could continue with their Award during these unusual times.
In February 2021, a webinar took place to highlight how young people around the world have been able to continue with their Award, despite the issues faced during the global pandemic.
What makes this webinar different is that it was led by participants, for participants. They were be interviewed by one of our Emerging Leaders, who is also a Gold Award holder. The session allowed for other Award participants and Leaders from around the world to log on and watch the interviews and ask questions directly to the participants about their Award experience.
We are delighted to offer your participants, your Award Team and anyone else at your organisation who might be interested in learning more the opportunity to watch the recorded Webinar.
Topics that were discussed:
- During the Global Pandemic (whether lockdown or distance learning), which section have you enjoyed taking part in the most? Why? What activity did you do for this?
- During the Global Pandemic (whether lockdown or distance learning), which section have you enjoyed taking part in the least? Why? What activity did you do for this?
- Did you change any of your activities due to the circumstances presented by pandemic? If so, what did you change from and to?
- What have you learnt about yourself so far doing your Award in this unusual time?
- Did you choose to help anyone directly affected by the pandemic as part of your Award programme?
- What advice would you give to other young people thinking about starting their Award but are unsure?