Award Leader Training
This course is designed to brief you on all of the essential information when starting as an Award Leader.
If you are from an Independent Award Centre (IAC) or external activity provider do not complete this course. Please complete Level 1: Award Induction and Level 1: Award Delivery, available from the ‘Award Course List’ tab.
Introduction to the award
Introduction to the Award This lesson provides you with an introduction to the Award as well as looking at the global issues facing young people today and how the Award empowers them to overcome the challenges they may be facing
- Introduction and module overview
- Overview of the Award
- Role of the Award Leader
- Issues facing young people
- Life skills and the Award (Part 1)
- How does the Award transform the lives of young people
- Life skills and the award (part 2)
- Life skills and the Award (Part 3)
- Life Skills: Case Study 1
- Life skills: Case Study 2
- Section Review
- What will a young person gain from doing the Award?
- Why become an Award Leader
- What does an Award Leader do?
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Award Leader
- History of the Award
- Philosophy of the Award
- Skill Section
- Service Section
- Physical Recreation
- Adventurous Journey
- Residential Project
- Running the Award (Unit Administration)